First, check if the battery is charging by plugging your Chromebook into a power outlet. (Usually, you'll see a light turn on.)
If your Chromebook is charging, let it charge for at least 30 minutes.
If your Chromebook still isn't charging or turning on:
- Check if the charger or adapter cables are completely plugged in, both to your Chromebook and the wall.
- Make sure that the power outlet is working.
- Unplug your charger from the wall and your Chromebook.
- Plug your charger back in to your Chromebook, then the wall.
- Charge the device for at least 30 minutes.
If these steps don't fix the problem, jumpstart your Chromebook
- Make sure your Chromebook is plugged in
- Hold down the Refresh and Power button at the same time
- The power light should flash white, then orange
- The screen should turn on
If these steps don't fix the problem, reset your Chromebook.
- Back up all important files - this will reset your Chromebook to factory settings
- Sign out of your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
- Select Restart.
- In the box that appears, select Powerwash Continue.
- Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
- Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
- Once you've reset your Chromebook:
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromebook
- Check if the problem is fixed